Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Warren County - In Progress


After getting the sketch just right in my drawing pad, I used my light pad to trace it lightly onto the watercolor paper.  I started by added color washes to start building the color and defining the space.


After getting some color built up, I began adding some pen detailing.  I like to do some of this early on to help me determine the color intensity and shades that I'm looking for.
 

Here's another shot of this same phase.  You can also see that I used some masking fluid to keep the frame defined.


Almost there!  

Even though I'd love to see it put to good use, this piece is just for my portfolio.  I am just now getting started as a true illustrator.  I've got tons of ideas bouncing around in my head and can't wait to get them on paper!




No comments:

Post a Comment