Thursday, January 22, 2015

New Year/New Blog!!!


It's 2015.  It's a new year.  I'm turning 40 this year.  I've decided that it is time to do what I really want to do.  Don't get me wrong, I love being a teacher (most of the time!) and I love painting custom canvases, but I have always wanted to be a children's book illustrator.  It's a passion that I've just never made the time to follow.  Guaranteed paychecks, life, family...it all got in the way.

I'm rolling the dice.  It's time that I put myself out there and took a chance.


My illustrations are a pen and watercolor combination.  I'm happy to also work in only pen, pencil and colored pencil.  I'm reserving acrylics for the canvas business!  I would love for you to check out the few samples I have posted and pass my name along to anyone you know who needs illustration work.  Thank you in advance!


This is an 8x10 color pencil design that I did on my day off from school.  It kind of sums up how I'm feeling right now.

Please email me at brandie_bc1@yahoo.com with questions or for more illustration information.  If you'd like to see more, I have an etsy shop and a blog for my custom canvases and a blog for my art classes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment