Sunday, January 25, 2015

Bonnie Bear - In Progress


Right now I am just trying to come up with illustrations to create a well rounded portfolio.  I know that as a hopeful children's book illustrator, that skill set would need to include animals.  I actually love drawing and painting animals!  There's such a great opportunity to create characters.
Bonnie Bear is our newspaper's mascot.  Our school system is also in the middle of a big reading promotion.  I decided to combine the two in a little design that could be used as an ad or poster.

Here's the black and white version after all of the sketching and pen work has been done.


I'm in the process of adding color.  I want it to be very vibrant and colorful so that means lost of layers.  It's going to be so pretty!

Bonnie already an established character.  I did look and see how I could make her recognizable but also to make her my own.  Her basic body shape and sizing is the same, but I made subtle changed to her face shape, nose, and eyes.




No comments:

Post a Comment