Monday, January 19, 2015

Family Tree - In Progress

Oh, how I love a family tree!  I've done several in acrylic on canvas and am thrilled to be trying one in watercolor.  I've been wanting to do this for a while now.


I started by tracing the sketch onto watercolor paper.  I went ahead and did all of the pen work before I added any color at all.  It looks pretty great just in black and white!  I'm too excited to leave it, though!


I added masking fluid to the little pennants and then went to work with color washes.


I've got a few layers on the leaves and the sky but haven't done much to the trunk.  It's bedtime!  I'll add more and show the finished product soon.

This one is just for me and my portfolio.  I am taking custom orders if you would like your own family tree.  The finished product is 8x10 and arrives suitable for framing.  Email me at brandie_bc1@yahoo.com for more information.




No comments:

Post a Comment